Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I can finally breathe.....

Many of you might know....... Toby got offered asst superintendent position here in Childress....It was an answer to most of our prayers. We didn't want to move....because we like Chlidress and everything...but Toby (and I) want to him to be a superintendent.... He finished up his school this past September and we both knew in the back of our minds that our future here in Childress was unclear.... Don't get me wrong...he loves his job as principal...(and being his wife I think he is the best) but he has always wanted to be a superintendent....so he could work with all the campuses...

To make this deal even sweeter....we have both agreed that we are going to work together on our church situation.... We have also made a committment that if we have to .... we will drive to Groom to attend church with the family....but with gas prices the way they are.... who knows how long we can afford that...ha ha...

We are thankful for the support and encouragement we have gotten from the community and our friends.... Our family is coming around though....they just wanted us closer...haha....

Thank you again for all your prayers...steph

8 comments:

Mommysmart said...

I am so glad that you are able to tell everyone. It stinks to have to keep that stuff to yourself. I am such an blabber mouth that I really struggle with secrets. I know that Childress is glad to keep you. I have heard so many great things about Toby's work there.

I am interested to know more about your "church situation". Sometime shoot me an email about it if you feel comfortable talking about it. monicajsmart@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

If you will stay in Childress, I will buy your gas to Groom every weekend for church!!!...lol.....We are so sad to lose Toby, but soooooo glad y'all are staying.

He will make as great a superintendent as he did a principal....He couldn't be so great if he didn't have you!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
allie nelson said...

so glad you guys are staying....Toby's going to be great in his new position...

i hope things work out with your church situation...i know how much you miss your church :(

TREY MORGAN said...

I had mixed emotions when I heard the news. I was bumed because I still have kids that need to get though HS and have him for a principal. But I am very glad that you guys aren't leaving.

Glad it has worked out...

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Man, Steph, I SO feel you with the church thing. I don't think I have as hard of a time as you, but it is SO hard to be away from the church and/or denomination you love and feel good in. I will make that a specific prayer starting today.

You know how I feel about Toby's new position...you read it on my blog...but I will reiterate and tell you again that we are just so glad you guys aren't leaving us. You're the best party planner I know, and Toby is too good for our school system (he may be old and gray when my kids are going through CISD, but I still want them in school when he's got the reins...ha ha)! Richard said they had a good time last night and that Toby was the BIG WINNER! What's he going to buy you? ;) We need to all get together to celebrate you NOT MOVING!!! Plan it, party planner!

Powered By Blogger