Monday, June 16, 2008

Holy Cow...what a day...

Let's just say that yesterday wasn't your normal Father's Day. First we went to Groom to church...made it back in time to all take a great nap...since we had a long night before....GREENBELT BOWL....started late because of the rain.....After a great nap...we cooked out, had a picnic outside with the kids, and let the kids play in the kiddie pool in the backyard... We all came in and noticed there were storms...we thought we missed them...but to make the story short...we didn't....We got hit hard...We made it to the closet with the kids...and a matress over our heads....We actually think that our roof was lifted...(we have a contractor and an engineer coming to make the decision) All our windows are out...our floors ruined....yard gone....roof (shingles gone)....and just a mess... I have been buggin' Toby about painting INSIDE and OUT....new windows....and new floors....I just didn't know that I was going to have to live through a tornado to get it all...
I do have a sweet story....after we really felt the blunt of the storm...the kids got really scared and starting to cry...so I asked them to start singing...so we started singing "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and Kaitlyn stopped us...with tears in her eyes and fear in her voice...she said let's sing...."RAIN, RAIN, go away....It was sweet and so sad....Now I can laugh about it...but last night...it was one of the most sincere and scared moment in my life....
These are some of the pictures of the house......

The hail and the winds just shredded my blinds and my bedding in our bedroom....It was amazing...
If you know me...you know that my yard is my pride and joy.....other than my family.....and it is gone....how depressing.....
The interior of our master bedroom....Again...all front windows are gone...that is 3 huge picture windows...and 2 smaller ones....with all the water and hail...we will for sure have to replace all the flooring...all my bedding...my matress...and probably a new paint job...
A little picture of the backyard...what a mess...
Thank to my mom and dad for all their help...they brought us food, chain saw, generator, and a much needed hug and smile...Also thanks to Toby's sister for taking the kids back with her to Lubbock for a fun-filled visit....I miss them...and just pray that they act right...
But...I miss my babies.... Also thanks to everyone that called and came by to show they care.....

It will be a long process...but we will all get through it....take care.....
HUG THOSE BABIES and everyone you love...you never know what the future holds....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG Steph..I sooo didn't know...I feel like a bad friend....what can I do?
Your house.....please let me know how I can help you...Bless y'alls heart!
Love ya!

Charla (SHar-la) said...

WOW, Steph! I can't believe how hard your house was hit! I mean you commented about it on my blog, but the pictures really put it into perspective! I know this is so cliche, but if there is ANYTHING we can do to help...we have a chainsaw, tree cutter, pick up truck and four extra hands...please call us. We would help in any way we can!

Marci said...

I'm so sorry!! I saw it and still can't believe all of your damage. If you need anything let me know. I'm glad you are all ok though.

Helen Keller said...

so sorry. if i can help...when the kids come back i would be happy to help with them or just help pick up things... let me know!

Jody Piper said...

I'm sooooooooo sorry for all of your damage! And I'm so thankful that all of you made it through safe and sound. Thinking of you!

Francesca said...

did you find someone???? i will give you Shane's number if you need it...

Powered By Blogger