Friday, January 9, 2009

Still recovering from the STORM

Many of you might know...but on Father's Day of 08 ... Childress was hit by an awful storm. (I literally thought we were going to die...but thankfully we didn't) I was 8 months pregnant and nervous for my entire family's life....

After the storm we emerged from the closet and realized that we had not ONE window in the house...parts of the roof were blown off....and about a foot of hail in most parts of the house....

So we got busy...I was due in about 6 weeks and I didn't want to have to bring my little one in this mess....We got the windows, roof and most of the furniture replaced....

NOW IT IS TIME TO FINISH THE REST. We had the contractor come out yesterday. We are having to replace all the countertops, the trim, and redo the sunroom.....(that just happens to be the Kids' playroom....so what is a mom to do in the midst of winter) It will be interesting....But hopefully we will get everything done VERY SOON....

No comments:

Powered By Blogger