Thursday, December 18, 2008

Excited......and then......heartbroken....

Is it possible to be the most excited you have ever been(other than getting married, engaged, and having babies, of course)....and the most you have ever been disappointed all in 24 hours....Well, lets just say it can.....and I am still recovering.....

Now it is time to share my story.... I have been busy......not only with my family, F3 here in Childress.......but I was working on making one of my life GOALS and DREAM come true. I was opening a gym in an area town......everything was going almost too good....and then I got the news Wednesday morning.....that.....someone else.....had the same idea.....and offered $2000 more a month for the building......a big franchise gym wanted the same building and was will to pay much more for the space......my heart was broken......

This is how it all began.....many of you might know that the month before I found out about our 3rd blessing I was about to open another gym....and that happily got put to the back burner....then I felt that this was the time to open another one (or two). At first I was going to open 2 at the same time. I had family support to help me with the kids (my main concern) and I was just going to get it done before I was tied down with Kaitlyn being in school...(little did I know the Good Lord had other plans).... I have been up working and meeting with EVERYONE....from T-shirts to construction to security and workers.....the last couple of weeks. Tuesday I spent all day working on this project....then RUSHED back to get back for a Christmas party for Women's Council....came home and was telling Toby all about what was going to happen...(did I mention that I even went that day to the Chamber of COmmerce Luncheon and was introduced as the woman bringing in F3 to their community in the next month)....

Then I got the most devestating news around 9:10 Wednesday morning. I had just pulled up Ms. Carol's for Caden's Christmas Party....and my cell phone rang....and Mississippi gentlemen was on the phone and gave me the blow....he told me they had a written contract on the table to present to the board and he also told me it was for another gym.....(are you kidding me?) I called my accountant immediately (he was in a meeting) I called Toby....at this time the emotions were running out of control down my face....(keep in mind I had to put on a happy face for my little one and his friends) and for some reason my cell phone went completely dead at that time, so I just took it as a sign to forget about it for second and go and enjoy my little one....

After the party, I talked to a couple of people dealing with the business.....and then I made some personal calls just to talk and CRY....

I know everything happens for a reason. It could have been worse.... I could have made the huge investment (risk my family's well being) and then the franchise gym come in and run me out of town....I could not have done it any faster....I have a 4 month old....some people thought I was even crazy doing it with my kids NOW....

So my fire isn't out....but I might sit back and enjoy the holidays... I was looking on opening the new gym by last of January or February (early).....and it was taking its toll on me.....

I really appreciate everyone that was CONCERNED about me during that last couple of weeks....not knowing what was going on....so I wish everyone a happy and HEALTHY holiday....I know that I will.....just not as busy as I was thinking that I was going to have...haha

6 comments:

Amy said...

Stephanie. Bless your heart! I know something else will come up. It has too, it was your dream. God has another plan. A better plan. You're right. Sit back. Relax. And hold that baby!! I can hardly remember what it felt like to hold my baby in my arms and cuddle with her. Take advantage of it now!! In a few months you wont be able to TIE him down and cuddle with him!!:)

I sure do wish I could have had lunch the other day. It is SO important to me to be able to be there for you!! I am SO SORRY!! I hated it!

Keep your head up and enjoy the holiday!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Amy...God has so many plans for your family and for your gym...
Jeremiah 29:11 I say this because I know what I am planning for you," says the Lord. "I have good plans for you, not plans to hurt you. I will give you hope and a good future.

In due time...It will work out...I miss seeing you...Guess I need to hit the gym..SOON!

lbj said...

saw you were disappointed on facebook...that is a bummer. It hurts to be the little man sometimes. There is always a plan in place, and you have beautiful kids and family...enjoy the holidays...another opportunity will present itself. You are such a go-getter...don't stop now!!

Lori R.

allie nelson said...

things will work out better than you ever anticipated.....

Happy Holidays!

Kyle Vannoy said...

I know it's disappointing, but don't be discouraged. When the time is right, it will happen. Keep praying for guidance and perserverance and don't give up.

You have a beautiful family and we are blessed to have you in Childress. Frankly, we may not be ready to share you with another community. Just kidding. Ya'll have a great Christmas.

Stephanie Harbin said...

Oh what a bummer! Sorry you were disappointed, but God is in control and He will continue his plans for you. Keep trusting Him. Disney tomorrow. Hope that treadmill time pays off!
Steph

Powered By Blogger