Many of you might know....I have recently had a baby, Toby lost 40 lbs, and we as a family have changed our eating habits. Here are some tricks and TREATS that we have used to help us become more healthy.
1. JELLO - fat free pudding - banana fudge - it is only 60 calories and is delicious (and yes, I found this out before they announced it on Biggest Loser) You can only find this at Walmart here is Childress, not UNITED yet.
2. ZONE bars - We eat a ZONE bar for breakfast. This has really saved TOBY. We eat these during the weekdays and then maybe enjoy a breakfast on the weekends.
3. Ezekiel bread - It is a great bread. As I have told many of you.....FLOUR is your enemy....but I love bread for sandwiches. (this is ONLY at United in the freezer section)
4. 2% Milk Cheese - This is my saving grace. You can still have cheese but why not take away some of the calories and fat without taking away the taste and melt.
5. Nature's Path Organic Hot Oatmeal Flax Plus - THIS IS MY FAVORITE. I also put in fresh and/or frozen blueberries and it is great.
6. Airborne PIXIE STICKS - they are awesome for kids and adults..
7. Pampered Chef Aerosol Oil Sprayer - you put in your own oil and then you manually pump it.....instead of PAM.
8. Floss Sticks - Who likes to floss? But it is so good for you.... I found these and it makes it easy and convenient.
9. Pledge Multi-Surface - I know that this isn't food....but it sure makes my life easier. I love it. Be Careful using it on some surfaces though...
10. I got my Christmas present early. Many of you might know of MONICA SMART and her company Joye-ful. She can do anything. It is using Sticker letters...you can put it on the wall, tiles, or anything. I will show pictures soon. You can put inspirational quotes on the wall. They make my day....I love them. CLICK ON the SMART family link on my blog to see her website. She can do anything that you want. It is awesome. And great present ideas.
11. Turkey bacon, Turkey PEPPERONI.......and Turkey Sausage....It still tastes great but doesn't have all that grease and unwanted fat.....THE PEPPERONI is the one that made me the happiest....it has 70% less fat than usual pepperoni.
My last a final - ORGANIC apples.....they are so good for you....and so good....also...I use my Pampered Chef apple slicer almost everyday. Check it out.... ( i have only found the organic apples at Walmart here in town)
And another last hint.....the gym.....come and check out our new machines....and all the fun that you will have at the gym....it will sure make you feel better.
What are some of your favorite things? Or is there anything that you use daily that makes your life easier? We all need to make our lifes easier so we can spend more time with our families and doing things that we love.