Friday, November 9, 2007

You know you live in a small GREAT town when

the funniest thing happened to me today. Caden (many of you know that we are trying to potty train...) had an accident. I put him (somewhat in the carseat) to take him home to take a bath and change clothes...when I noticed a delivery man at the store next door. He was on his cell phone trying to find out when they opened so he could make his delivery. I told him that he could drop off the packages at the gym and I would let them know they were there. He looked at me and said that would be great but I have to have money...so thinking I didn't have my company checkbook...I told him that I would try to go call and see if I could reach them...I couldn't...so I told him to drop them off at the gym and I would run home and get the checkbook. He was SHOCKED. He kinda looked at me like I was crazy...So I asked him...I promise my check is good and will pay you cash if I need to....He said..."No maam....I trust you...I just have never seen this....this is a first for me..." I looked at him weird and I said..."WHAT" he said "Not very many places could I go and the person next door first offer to drop alot of packages off....much less pay for them..." I just laughed and said..."I guess that is what is the difference between small towns, because we look out for each other and help them out when we have a chance. Because you never know when you might need the help." He smiled and said "I will have to let them know about you and Childress." I thought that was great that he thought that much about our little town... Don't get me wrong...I haven't lived here long enough to call it MY town...but I really feel like this is home, and days like this make me feel more like home...

by the way....I did find my checkbook in my car...and I did get Caden home to clean him up...haha...

ALL IN A DAY'S WORK

No comments:

Powered By Blogger